Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 4

2/28- we had a death in the family this week and my mom and I are cooking all of the food for after the funeral; this has caused me to be a little off on my focus. It doesn’t help that we went to Costco to get several of the items and there is always something there that looks wonderful (we rarely go to Costco because we spend so much there). This was actually a good test of my resolve and I am happy to say that I did fairly well. I did buy a bottle of wine to drink while I was cooking 6 pans of lasagna and spaghetti pie. We also picked up an outfit for my nieces birthday party which saved me a trip to Target.

I also went to the grocery store for the first time since starting the Lenten Challenge. I did go over budget but it was for a good reason (so Jay could make my mom raisin bread- I had no idea how much powdered milk cost). I felt good about the trip. We are not significantly out of anything and everyone is still in good spirits about our challenge. My second son, C, might be starting to crack because he is used to eating a sleeve of Ritz crackers as a snack and we have cut him down to just a few at a time with some fruit or cheese. He is having trouble adjusting to this.

Money Spent- $75 total ($52 on groceries, $8 on wine, $15 on a cute outfit for my niece)

No comments:

Post a Comment