Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 12

3/8- Today my ‘buy only what you need’ self clashed with my ‘wow this is a good deal’ self. I think they ended in a draw. As soon as I walked in the door, they had ‘almost’ expired marshmallow on sale- 3 packages for $1. I figured- it is only $1 and I can make rice krispie treats. This clash followed me through the rest of the store- there were some really good deals. I did fairly well through the rest of the store. My goal was $40 (revised from the unrealistic $30 previously posted). I ended up at $43 dollars- The $1 for the marshmallows and $2 for the rice cereal to make treats with put me over my goal.

On another note, Jay has been itching to make pretzels using dough from his bread maker and he finally made them Sunday evening. They were WONDERFUL! I cannot believe we let our breadmaker languish in the basement when it can make so many wonderful things for us. It is definitely going to find a permanent home in the kitchen.

Money Spent- $43 ($43- grocery store- darn those marshmallows for being on sale)

1 comment:

  1. OMG I love Rice Krispie Treats. And send me that breadmaker pretzel recipe.

    ReplyDelete